- Ings Ln, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Sales Executive to join a dynamic organisation and make a key contribution to the continued growth of our Advanced Composites business.
On joining the team you will be primarily focused on developing new aerostructure composite customers from the growing aerospace composites market, which is worth circa $10.4bn dollars per year (globally), taking advantage of our ongoing Capability Development Plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Marketing Executive, to achieve sustainable growth in the composites business stream of £18M by 2024.
- Engagement with potential customers (internal and external) and partners for business development activities. Proactively identifying, anticipating and shaping the requirement of customers in order to secure profitable business.
- Carrying out analysis of growth opportunities through market research, trade exhibitions and close customer relationships, identifying market gaps and early opportunities as identified in the Advanced Composites strategy.
- Conducting regular competitor analysis to understand where Advanced Composites has a competitive advantage and to aid pursuit decisions.
- Identifying capability gaps in both Advanced Composites and the composite market as a whole, and propose, develop and lead engineering capability enhancement programmes in order to achieve these capabilities.
- Delivery of capture plans and value propositions to increase the probability of winning orders from key customers and markets.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate information into all monthly business planning reports such as the Advanced Composites Senior Leadership Team including BDR’s and IBP.
- Lead the customer interface and proposal collation within the bid process in conjunction with commercial, technical, quality and manufacturing to deliver appropriately attractive proposals to our customers in line with Life Cycle Management.
Candidates should be qualified to Degree level or equivalent and possess the following attributes:
- A good knowledge and background of Business Development within the Aerospace and Engineering industry.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and using MS office.
- Ability to create and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- A proactive and highly motivated approach to work with a tenacity to see things through to conclusion.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Composites knowledge is ideal but not essential.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.