Aircraft Mechanical Engineer
- Brize Norton, RAF Brize Norton, England, United Kingdom
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
We are looking for an experienced C130 Aircraft Engineer who will be responsible to the Shift Leader for the rectification and repair of the Hercules C130J aircraft mechanical systems (and when required Role Equipment), including structural repairs, system functional testing, embodiment of modifications, technical instructions and scheduled maintenance iaw relevant Air Publications and Job Guides. They will comply with procedures and practices laid down in local regulations and company management system procedures (MSP), or as directed by the relevant Team Leader. Tasks also include the compilation and Co-ordination of maintenance Work Orders, both manually and using the computerised LITS system.
- Have relevant experience of aircraft mechanical systems.
- Have a proven track record in the Aerospace industry and evidence to support this (preferably evidence of certification / approval / authorisations).
- Have an Aeronautical apprenticeship and/or military equivalent and recent experience of mechanical systems and structural repairs.
- Manage internal and external relationships with customers, aircraft tradesmen, other departments and take an active role to mentor staff.
- Actively support, promote and contribute to continuous improvement ideas and activity to ensure that progressive gains in efficiency are maintained.
- This position may require varying work hours, on days and or shifts in support of customer requirements.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory requirements and standards are maintained.
- Possess a sound knowledge of Health & Safety procedures.
- Have relevant experience of LITS.
- Have experience to supervise Aircraft Engineer carrying out their normal working activities.
- Precious C130 experience.
- Have relevant experience implementing structural repairs.
- Collating damage mapping for reports.
A minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Aviation engineering, preferably BTEC Level 3
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.