Project Controls Manager
- Newmarket Road, Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
“Marshall Land Systems is a growing element of the Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group and provides its customers, UK based and International, with maintenance, supply and technical services as well as providing new product design and developments of Deployable Infrastructure, Medical & C2ISR, and Vehicle Systems. Programs in this environment span the product lifecycle and project complexities and include design engineering, supply chain selection, manufacture, assembly, installation, testing and certification programs with subsequent rate production and through life support.”
The primary purpose of this role is to actively support the Business Unit Project Director / Project Manager in successful delivery of the project by leading the implementation of the Project Controls System & provision of the resulting project controls information, necessary to successfully deliver the project to time, cost & quality. This will be done in compliance with MADG processes, procedures and tools as governed by Programme Management & Controls Function. Principal Relationships:
Key Result Areas & Main Duties:
- To be responsible for leading the governance, deployment & co-ordination of all Project Controls activities across the allocated Programme / Project, including:
- Project Schedule - generation, maintenance & status update
- Project Change Management (including maintenance of the Project Performance Measurement Baseline)
- Co-ordination of Project Level Reporting (eg CSR, Project Performance & Customer Reporting)
- Lead/co-ordinate the management of Risk and Opportunities
- Co-ordinate budget control & forecasting across the Work Package Managers / project team
- Lead the governance & application of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Co-ordination of 'lessons learned’ as part of a continuous improvement culture
- To attend & support the PM at the project contract status review (CSR) meeting
- To ensure that appropriate Programme/Project Controls Governance is followed by the Project Team
- Support ad-hoc duties that will be consistent with the nature of a Project Controls Manager position within MADG
- Coordinating Management of Project Risk & Opportunities;
- High energy individual, with ability to self-motivate and motivate a team towards a solution oriented accountability culture
- Confident and diplomatic with an ability to create, influence and foster working relationships internally and with customers at all levels of the business
- Fully competent communicator (verbal & written briefs/reports/presentations) both internally and externally to management, customer and suppliers Self-motivated, creative with the ability to produce accurate work under pressure while continuing to meet deadlines
- Proven Leadership with good team management skills
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.