- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
The primary purpose of this role is to actively support the Business Units and Project Managers in successful delivery of the project by leading the Integrated Project Planning & Scheduling activities. Providing planning reports and metrics to satisfy the project and contractual requirements and undertaking appropriate analysis to identify timely interventions where necessary.
Key Result Areas & Main Duties
- Responsible for leading the governance, deployment & co-ordination of all projects, planning and scheduling activation.
- Generation and co-ordination of Project and Programme Level schedule reporting and analysis necessary to satisfy the contractual and project requirements.
- Scenario modelling and assessment of schedule impact of risk events and proposed changes to the project Performance Measurement Baseline, contractual deliverables and project activity float.
- Incorporation of that all authorised changes into the Project PMB within one reporting period.
- Conduct Quantitative Schedule Risk Analysis (QSRA) to analyse the level of confidence of the Forecast Schedule and the contractual Deliverables Dates
- Conduct Sensitivity Analysis and determine key drivers of the programme uncertainty
- Suggest mitigation actions to reduce schedule uncertainty and risks, model the impact of the actions to compare pre-mitigated and post-mitigated confidence views.
- Support ad-hoc duties that will be consistent with the nature of a planner position within MADG
- Educated to Honours Degree or Higher Diploma (HND) level in a subject with clear relevance to Project Management & Controls (or similar technical discipline).
- Professional accreditation with the APM (or equivalent)
- Experience in leading/implementing & delivering project planning services within complex environments throughout the project life cycle
- Subject matter expertise in the application of Project planning tools & techniques, including but not limited to Primavera P6, Primavera Risk Analysis, MS Project etc
- Internal & External Customer & Stakeholder Management
- Experience in a technical environment within a relevant industry (Aerospace / Defence a distinct advantage, MoD experience also a benefit)
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.