Value Stream Manager
- Ings Ln, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Value Stream Manager
Purpose of the role
This role reports in to the Head of Operations and joins a small team of Value Stream Managers who are responsible, with the support of Team Leaders, for the value stream team members and the safe and timely delivery of customer requirements within the associated budgeted hours, and to the required quality standards.
You will lead a team of people and will be responsible for providing clear responsibilities and objectives to all team members and to support them where possible in the delivery of these.
- To ensure the efficient use of overhead diversions ensuring that all costs are controlled reported and managed.
- To adopt a continuous approach and to regularly review processes to make improvements and where appropriate using lean techniques.
- To ensure all operational tasks are conducted in a safe environment with supporting COSHH, Risk Assessments etc in place
- To ensure that all required Quality Standards are adhered to and when necessary drive thorough Root Cause Analysis and MRB activities to yield improvement.
- To clearly outline any projected cap-ex spend for operations with supporting justification ahead of submission.
- To ensure that all operations training requirements are aligned to the business strategy and sufficiently trained staff can be deployed to meet customer demands
- To ensure that customer delivery dates are achieved in line with requirements, and where possible an agreed buffer between completion and delivery date is achieved.
- To ensure staff are motivated, effective and efficient in their duties and are appraised, given objectives and provided with feedback on performance and conduct.
- To participate, arrange or chair internal meetings with direct team members and other departments to facilitate the smooth running of the business, including daily start up meeting, Review Board meeting etc
- To support external communications where necessary with customers and auditors.
- You should be a motivated individual who thrives on success and meeting objectives.
- You should be able to lead a team and extract the best from them and support them when necessary.
- You will have experience of working in a similar role within a manufacturing environment.
- You will have experience of managing a team
- You will have a good level of education
- Ideally you will have a management qualification
- You will have experience of problem solving and decision making.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.