Technical Support Engineer
- Newmarket Road, Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
As part of the Military Aerospace (Mil-A) Business Unit, the Programme Director (UK MoD) is responsible for the delivery of services and support provided by Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group (Marshall ADG) to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) through the Hercules Integrated Operational Support (HIOS) contract. In support of these contracts, the HIOS Technical Support Group (TSG) provides Technical Support (TS) to the RAF C-130J Hercules fleet.
The TSG is a multi-disciplined team, comprising staff from Marshall ADG, the MoD and Industry Partner organizations, which fulfils a customer-facing role in providing the focal point for the MoD with regard to TS for the RAF C-130J Hercules fleet. As such, it demands regular, direct contact with the MoD’s C-130J Delivery Team, Main and Deployed Operating Bases, and other supporting agencies. It also co-ordinates the provision of TS and Design Organization (DO) advice to other Marshall ADG departments, Sub-Contractors and Partner organizations, within both the UK and overseas.
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fulfil the role of a Structures TS Engineer to join the HIOS TSG at our Cambridge facility. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing advice to the Customer (both internal and external) in respect of the Structural maintenance, repair, design, configuration, operation and engineering support of the RAF C-130J platform.
- Answering and responding to technical queries from the Customer on Structural aspects of C-130J Hercules systems and installed equipment.
- Assisting with the preparation of aircraft and system Modification Specifications, Technical Instructions and Estimates to meet Customer requirements.
- The review of Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, technical issues and emerging legislation for potential application to the RAF C-130J fleet.
- Liaising with Marshall ADG and OEM Design, Manufacturing, Production, Commercial, Purchasing and Logistics staff to progress Customer requirements.
- Liaising with Company Technical Authors and technical vetting of manuals.
- Management of minor TSG projects.
- Any other PDS Engineering/Technical Support activity required by the TSG.
We are looking for a suitability experienced and well-motivated candidate to join our team. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A sound background of aircraft systems engineering, preferably with C-130J Hercules operations, maintenance, repair and overhaul experience.
- A practical working knowledge of UK MoD Airworthiness, Engineering and Configuration Management processes and procedures, MAA Regulatory Publications and associated MAA Regulatory Articles and Defence Standards.
- Good interpersonal, verbal, written communication and IT skills.
Candidates with previous experience of working within the UK MoD DE&S Project Team environment will be an advantage. A general knowledge of Design Office, Manufacturing and Production processes and procedures is also desirable.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.