- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Project Accountant to join our Marshall Land Systems (MLS) Business Unit. Working closely with Senior Stakeholders you will take a lead on accounts for key projects. With a partnering approach you will be supporting a variety of people to ensure there projects and objectives are met whilst also supporting the wider Finance team.
• Responsibility for all financial aspects of the allocated project; ensuring effective budgeting, forecasting and tracking of the Estimate Cost to Complete (ETC), management and reporting for the project, including consolidation into business unit results on a monthly basis
• Business partnering, providing finance leadership, governance, advice and information to support Project Managers (PMs) and Programme Director (PD)
• Provide finance support and actively participate in performance reviews of the project, providing insight and information as required
• Supporting the Project and Senior Leadership Teams in spend decisions and understanding financial risk
• Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations for allocated project(s), driving continuous improvement in month-end reporting disciplines
• Responsibility for project cash flow management and forecasting.
• Promoting and operating a comprehensive control environment
• Awareness and active management of foreign exchange risk.
• Strong technical ability and post-qualification experience, with proven experience in the area of long-term contract accounting;
• Exceptional data manipulation and Excel skills, with a high level of attention to detail and ability to keep track of and forecast cost;
• Desire to drive continuous improvement into existing processes;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, clear and concise thought processes and the ability to lead others to a conclusion;
• Preparation of high-quality financial analysis and reports for key internal stakeholders;
• Self-motivation and proactive approach to work, as this role requires a high degree of autonomy and independent thought to identify and creatively solve problems;
• Working and engaging with non-finance colleagues and managing differing interests.
• Educated to degree level
• Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.