Quality Assurance Technician
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group are delighted to announce an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Technician within the Production Department of the Marshall Land Systems Business. This position will support the Engineering and Manufacturing areas. This opportunity is open for applicants with either Quality or Manufacturing experience. Training will be provided in the appropriate standards, regulation and techniques
- Conducting independent audits as required by the audit schedule to ensure that the Company remains in compliance with the requirements of relevant regulations and standards and to ensure the quality management system has been implemented and is being maintained.
- Conducting product/process, capability and patrol/ sample audits with respect to standard of work, adequate planning, certification of parts/components, prevention of damage to Land Systems equipment, health and safety compliance and environmental compliance
- Investigating quality failures, identifying trends, assisting the relevant CA/PA owners in the determination of root cause and monitoring of the stated containment, corrective and preventative actions
- Conducting MEDA and Customer Investigations and Liaising with customer representatives and assisting production departments with quality matters.
- Processing applications for the granting and renewal of personnel approvals prior to submission to the Head of Quality
- Perform Quality Assurance duties as defined by QA Management
- Qualification in Manufacturing/Production Engineering or Quality Systems or appropriate relevant experience
- Knowledge of Manufacturing and Engineering systems and processes
- Auditing and Assessment processes and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.