Aircraft Equipment Bay Engineer
- RAF Brize Norton, Brize Norton, England, United Kingdom
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
The Role Equipment Bay Engineer, is responsible for the rectification and repair of Hercules C-130J Role Equipment (RE). In addition, they will provide support in manning the Squadron Tool stores on a rotational basis.
Duties will include the Inspection & Certification of aircraft RE, modifications, component functions and scheduled maintenance in accordance with relevant Air Publications and Job Guides, issue and receipt tooling and demand replacements.
Tasks will also include the compilation and co-ordination of Maintenance Work Orders, both manually and using the computerised LITS system and ensuring the accounting and control of the RE Inventory is maintained.
- At a minimum, Candidates should offer relevant experience of Mechanical/Electrical engineering with an aviation background.
- A sound working knowledge of RAF Engineering practices, procedures and Aircraft Publications system would be an advantage.
- This position requires working a rotating shift system Monday to Friday in support of customer requirements. There may be a requirement to be 'on-call' at weekends on a rotational basis.
- Be able to work in a small team.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory requirements and standards are maintained;
- Possess a working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures.
- Good customer interaction required as this is a customer facing role.
- Previous C130 electrical or mechanical aviation knowledge, would be desirable.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.