Senior Electronics Engineer
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Within Land Systems, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Interested candidates should possess a degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences, and be ready to apply for a chartered status with a relevant professional body if you have not already achieved it.
We have an immediate opening for a senior Electronics/Electrical Engineer. This is a full-time position. You will lead our small team of Electronics/ Electrical engineers to assist in the design of new products and improve existing ones for the Military Land Domain. You will be involved in projects from bid, through design, manufacture and delivery, and into aftermarket support.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Support the development of Marshall Land Systems as a prime or Tier 1 supplier of integrated capability, to enable entry into new markets.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert support to the multi-functional engineering team in communications, EMC, electronic systems.
- Manage a small team of electronic engineers and be responsible for budgets and timescales.
- Provide trouble-shooting support to existing projects in the electronic/electrical domain
- Specify and undertake Electronic design
- Write simple software for test, or specify software for external software company to write
- Specify and design integration test rigs and harnesses
- Identify the correct software and tools to develop systems integration capability
- Ensure consistent systems engineering best practice and innovation is applied across all projects
- Ensure that the designs are fit for purpose and meet or exceed our customers’ expectations
- Facilitate generation of MLS Intellectual Property
- Ensure that all electronic designs meet the project engineering budgets and timelines
- Support meetings and events with potential customers.
You will be a qualified Electronics / Electrical Engineer with hands-on experience in the Aerospace or Defence sectors. We are seeking a senior engineer with the ability to make a difference and proactively provide Electronics / Electrical knowledge on large and complex bid and project work.
You will have the following skills and qualities:
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and outside the business.
- The ability to apply your skills and knowledge across a wide and diverse range of projects.
- Ideally qualified to degree level in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics subject with relevant and sufficient experience in the field.
- Sound understanding of product safety and regulatory requirements.
- Proven ability to being able to work within and across various project teams.
- Ability to influence a range of stakeholders
- Work to cost / budget specification.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.