- Ings Ln, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
We are looking For a multi-disciplinary Project Manager to work on bids/projects of medium complexity within our Advanced Composite facility in North Yorkshire. They will be tasked with running either the whole project, or for larger projects a work package within that larger entity. Reporting to a member of the Senior Leadership team, the Project Manager has responsibility for ensuring that all assigned projects are planned and managed to meet agreed quality, cost and delivery requirements over the full project life-cycle. The Project Manager is responsible for managing the overall planning and delivery of the project, protecting the company’s financial performance and reputation. When running a whole project, the Project Manager will generally be the primary point of contact to the customer for delivery of the project. This will not be the case when the PM is part of a larger project team working on a complex project. To do this the project manager must foster a delivery focused culture within the project team, maintaining a balanced and positive approach in times of pressure. At all times the project manager should gain commitment and accountability through an inclusive and assertive management style.
- Implement/Comply with Lifecycle Management and Project Management processes on all projects/bids and support improvement of process where necessary.
- Define clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for the project, documenting these in a RACI matrix in the Project Management Plan (PMP).
- Complete phase definition/tailoring (i.e. number of phases/gates) for assigned projects with team members, ensuring this is clearly documented in the PMP. Collate all inputs for and produce Project Management Plan; this must be kept up to date throughout the life of the bid/project and been seen as the “single source of truth” for all topics relating to the project.
- Run Start Up meetings, daily stand-ups, monthly project reviews, Contract Status Reviews (CSR’s) and Gate reviews with team ensuring full involvement and support of all service providers and independents as required
- Demonstrate a clear overview of progress, risk, issues and readiness at reviews with clear and accurate signed off minutes issued, and all actions logged/progressed through central action log.
- Work with the quality department to ensure all processes followed for project and regular audits are in place and conducted.
- Ensure all project requirements (e.g. technical, commercial, project management, delivery etc., both internal & external) are clearly understood from the outset (or firmed up during the bid/contract negotiation phase) and documented in a Deliverables Matrix
- Work with the project team and functions to establish the project budget, and agree with PD/SPM.
- Degree or equivalent by relevant experience
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), or PMI Project Management Professional
- APM Risk Level 2 or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft project
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.