Technical Services Representative - Avionics
- Approach Dr, Abbotsford, BC V2T, Canada
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Marshall Aerospace Canada Inc. (MACI) is the Canadian arm of Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group. As an established part of the Canadian aerospace industry, Marshall Aerospace Canada Inc. provides engineering and technical support services for a range of customers, both military and civil.
Our Canadian offices require an Avionics Technical Services Representative with a minimum of 5 years of experience in hands-on aircraft maintenance, and a minimum of 5 years of experience in aerospace support / liaison functions. The position will be located in Abbotsford, BC.
The successful candidate will be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Acting as an authorized signatory on a delegated range of technical matters;
- Providing technical advice and assistance to various customers;
- Performing technical reviews and technical investigations;
- Liaising with customers, other departments and supporting organizations on technical investigations, modifications, repairs and reports, and to establish clear customer requirements;
- Liaising with vendors and suppliers as required for evaluation and development of equipment selection;
- Drafting technical reports, test schedules and procedures;
- Assisting in the production of quotes and technical proposals;
- Tracking progression of modifications, special inspections and other projects; and
- Developing a broad knowledge of customer related technical documentation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in aerospace support / liaison functions is essential;
- CC130 Hercules experience is beneficial;
- Experience in Aerospace Engineering Development or Support functions is an asset;
- General knowledge of interdepartmental functions within the aerospace industry is beneficial;
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills: fluent written and oral English is mandatory and competence in French is beneficial;
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office suite including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs;
- Experience with Department of National Defence (DND) systems is beneficial.
Depending on the specific project(s) assigned, the following clearances may be required:
- Must be eligible to meet the requirements of export control regulations and security regulations, including the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and Canadian government security requirements.
Marshall Aerospace Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.