Senior Supplier Manager
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
A vacancy exists for a Senior Supplier Manager to support business unit activity. Functionally reporting to the Procurement lead within the business Unit.
- Obtaining value for money in relation to complex Project procurement activity.
- Create open, co-operative relationships within the supply chain and develop strategic relationships within a complex project environment.
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating all aspects of Contracts and Service Level Agreements including Terms and Conditions.
- Managing all aspects of resultant contracts to time and budget to support project requirements.
- On-going input into development and continuous improvement of both legacy and new suppliers within the supply chain.
- Ensuring supply chain issues are identified, managed and resolved in a commercially robust and safe manner.
- Close liaison with internal service providers and internal customers to fully capture requirements scope and deliver a Purchasing solution to meet the end users’ needs
- Have experience of supporting major projects with good problem-solving capabilities.
- Have a track record of self-motivation and being the Procurement focal for a major project team.
- Demonstrate experience of procuring both direct equipment and services.
- Have previous experience of supporting technical Procurement activity and chairing cross-functional meetings.
- Be confident in drafting and negotiating Service Level Agreements and major Contracts.
- Preferably have relevant experience of Procurement within an engineering biased organisation.
- Be able to create and foster working relationships with internal service providers and internal customers.
- Ideally be educated to degree level or similar and a member of, or working towards MCIPS qualification.
- Demonstrate the company values, such as customer service, integrity and fairness, innovation and creativity.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.