- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Supplier Manager to manage the Company’s supply of products and services. The responsibilities include developing strategies to find the most cost-effective deals and suppliers and to discover the best ways to cut procurement expenses, so that the Company can invest in growth and its people, in a project envoironment.
The main duties of the role are as follows:-
- Devise and execute sourcing strategies for new programmes and sourcing strategies in support of bids and tenders
- Identify and select suppliers and initiate business and organisation partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services in line with delegation
- Liaise with Engineering, Contracts and Programmes to clarify and finalise final order details
- Examine and test existing contracts as required
- Identify, implement, track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
The successful candidate will be considered to be an expert in their field and will provide guidance and support to colleagues. Hence candidates should possess the following:-
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager in an Engineering environment
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques (knowledge of industry supply chain preferred)
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analysing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- CIPS preferred
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.