- Marshall ADG, Cambridge Airport, Newmarket Road, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
We currently have a exciting opportunity within our Aerostructures team, we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Assembly Fitter’s to work within an award-winning area of Marshall ADG. This is an exciting opportunity, working on leading-edge products of high value for delivery to demanding World-Class OEM’s to meet strict delivery schedules. Those selected will be proactive, motivated Assembly Fitters who can work well in a team environment. Flexibility of approach and a desire to learn new processes whilst working to exacting quality standards are also key.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Fitting of machined parts, sheet metal brackets, pipework, pumps and valves to complex aircraft assemblies
- Use of aircraft fasteners such as squeeze and cherry rivets, Hi-Locs, anchor nuts, and torque tightened bolts and nuts
- Application of adhesive for part fixing and the critical application of sealant to prevent liquid ingress and egress
- Compliance with Marshall ADG H&S procedures and Safe Systems of Work at all times
- Positive input in to continuous improvement activities
- Recording of materials used and time taken on Job Cards and on the electronic job tracking system
- Previous experience in an assembly environment where quality and schedule compliance were key.
- Preferably worked within an organisation that practiced continuous improvement.
- GCSE grade C or above in Mathematics and English or an equivalent qualification.
- Skills necessary to support clear and concise verbal and written communication
- The ability to accurately follow detailed work instructions and specifications
- Be fully conversant and able to interpret technical drawings
- The ability to work in confined spaces for completion of the product
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.