Key Account Executive
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
The role of the Key Account Executive is to deliver long-term value for both the customer and Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group. In doing so, they will be able to put themselves in the mind of the Key Account customer while defining the MADG value proposition.
Develop a strategy focussed around the customer, that identifies ways of building sustainable value creation for both parties. Build strategic multi-level and multi-functional long-term relationships.
The Key Account Executive will build relationships built on trust across many levels and functions of the customer organisation. With the insight that this brings, they will be able to conceptualise, innovate and strategise new ideas that will deliver value for both customer and Marshall.
The Key Account Executive will be able to communicate and lead across the MADG organisation, breaking down traditional barriers, to deliver a consistent understanding of the customer’s needs, and to align departments towards a common vision or outcome.
- Full authority to engage with any potential customers and partners for Strategy & Sales activities and personally accountable for the relationship management of the specified client.
- Responsible for information regarding customers, requirements, customer key issues, win strategy, approach required to meet customer expectations, resource requirements, personnel requirements.
- Liaise with all Managing Directors of Business Units within MADG as appropriate.
- Act as a brand ambassador, you will be required to understand what the customer values most, and determine how best to respond to these needs.
- As the relationship focal point, act as a strategic point of contact for the customer, and their primary route for escalation.
- Win new business, working collaboratively with other members of the sales function.
- Match planned order intake in yrs 3-5 of the budget cycle with new business leads and opportunities.
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written (reports, presentations and records)
- Strong project management and planning skills with the ability to produce detailed plans that get innovative concepts developed and implemented.
- Motivated, proactive and passionate in their approach to account management.
- Ability to build high levels of trust and confidence between all parties; this approach will be founded on commitment and integrity.
- Politically astute, and have the stamina and persistence to stay engaged with internal and external stakeholders, to successfully deliver business winning opportunities.
- Ideally a background of working with or in a large Defence OEM, preferably in the aerospace sector.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.