- Haagse Schouwweg, Leiden, Netherlands
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
The Technical Author is responsible for the production of all required publications (Commercial, Army Equipment Support Publications (AESP’s), Air Publications (AP’s) and S1000D Data Modules. The Technical Author will report to General Manager Leiden, will work under the direct functional supervision of the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Manager (UK based) and liaise closely with the UK based Technical Authors across the projects to ensure task progress is on track and identify any issues or contentious subjects at an early stage.
The Technical Author may attend meetings with customers and supplier to ensure their requirements and expectations are being met and establish good customer relations at an early stage.
- Manage all Technical Publication activities, Commercial & Military through the design-, manufacture-, test- and delivery processes ensuring that customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Ensure that all technical documentation and Illustrations are produced in a cost-effective way in electronic and hardcopy to achieve a quality level to meet customer’s specifications.
- Minimize product liability costs by the provision of the correct level of information within the Technical Documentation by the inclusion of precise operating and maintenance instructions, together with adequate Warning and Cautions.
- Generate Electronic technical publications to AECMA 1000D standard using FrameMaker or Microsoft Word software.
- Undertake validation and verification of publications against the hardware and ensure all Warnings and Cautions with any HF impacts as identified within Safety and Hazard logs are captured.
- Ensure all Technical Publications and Illustrations are produced to customer specification and that the operating, maintenance and repair procedures are precise and fully documented according to Company procedures and the customer's specification.
- Adhere to Health, Safety and Environmental best practice
- An Technical College or Bachelor Degree (MBO / HBO);
- Technical Authoring experience is required (minimum 2 years), preferable on military, civil aerospace or land -based projects, augmented by budget and project control experience.
- General knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation requirements.
- General knowledge of all aspects of the production of Tech. Publications.
- General knowledge to enable the compilation of Operation, Maintenance and Repair of Mechanical equipment within Marshall ADG products.
- High degree of independence and integrity, while still contributing to team spirit and upholding it;
- Excellent verbal and written Dutch & English communications skills to converse professionally with colleagues, sub-contractors, customers and other stakeholders;
- Willingness to travel (abroad) for short periods;
- Use computer packages eg, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, AutoCad, FrameMaker or Epic Editor (Arbortext), Author-It.
- C-130 technical publication experience;
- Land Based Equipment Maintenance manual writing experience.
- Simplified Technical English Training.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained and attainment of National Police Check and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.