Senior Tutor - Project Management
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Marshall Academy are looking for a motivated and passionate Tutor / Assessor who is experienced in workplace and classroom delivery. You will be responsible to the Head of Funding & Vocational Training for the successful and effective delivery and management of apprenticeships (and any workshops associated with these), and short accredited courses in Project Management and Management.
You will be responsible for the delivery of existing programmes and also the development and implementation of new programmes, working with teams within business to identify and deliver training that adds value to the organisation. Your role will also include promotion of courses, ensuring that the learners compile a portfolio of evidence (where required) and are fully supported towards EPA or final examinations. Other requirements include:
- Support the delivery of Management workshops, sharing best practice and developing the tutor team capability.
- Support learners through improvement projects embedded within various apprenticeship programmes to appropriate levels, liaising with business as appropriate.
- Support the continuous development of training programmes, ensuring due diligence and compliance to funding and awarding body requirements.
- Maintain training records that comply with internal and external quality management.
- Ensure that Marshall Academy continue to meet the quality standards required to hold and maintain approvals with external awarding bodies, and partnerships with other providers.
- Support any marketing and recruitment activity, in conjunction with the management within Marshall Academy, for all areas of delivery.
- Proven experience of delivering high quality training to Level 3 and above
- Proven experience working within either a Project management, Continuous Improvement or management environment
- Recognised assessment qualification (TAQA/A1 – or willingness to work towards)
- Teaching qualification PTLLS or higher (to be completed in first 3 months if not held)
- Strong ICT skills
- Recognised Management qualification to Level 5
- Project management and/or risk management qualifications
- IQA/IV qualification
- Experience of Government funded training
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.