- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
Part of the 105 year-old Marshall Group of Companies, which has an annual turnover of £1.3 billion, we have over 80 years of aviation experience and have completed over 1500 aircraft modifications in 35 countries. Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
The role manages the organisation of Shipping and the Shipping team for the MAD Group.
- Oversee and coordinate the movement of all import, export and domestic movements of supplies, product and aircraft.
- The Shipping Manager is required to work with a high degree of autonomy and provide guidance to the organisation as to the most suitable use of HM Revenue & Customs Authorisations to enable MADG remain fully compliant to all HMRC regulations regarding import and export.
- Ensure the shipping activity for MADG is fit for purpose, efficient and compliant with internal and external governance.
- Provide guidance to MADG on matters of import and export. Ensure all HMRC reporting requirements are met accurately and punctually.
- Liaise with freight forwarders, couriers, HMRC, BIS, Customers and suppliers at all levels on subjects relating to import and export. This also includes providing reports and involvement/ contribution for audits from HMRC
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure that Shipping requirements are understood. This relates to projects, Bids and individual stakeholders.
- Shipping representative on projects across MADG, offering input on import/ export requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is completed in agreement with company and legislative requirements and all imported goods are correctly classified and imported using the appropriate customs regime.
- Provide advice on relevant aspects of import and export to senior management where improvements can be made or benefits can be leveraged.
- Fully support all audits from internal and external bodies with regards to import and export.
- Ensure HMRC authorisations are applied for and kept current. Provide HMRC detailed tracking reports on the use and location of imported goods and aircraft as required
- Maintain despatch register to ensure relevant records are maintained
Represent shipping at appropriate external forums to maintain professional development and drive expertise/ learnings back into MADG and the shipping team
- Good knowledge of Shipping and Logistics, with a strong awareness of Supply Chain and Export compliance.
- Experience of working in an Engineering / Manufacturing environment
- Preferred Industry sectors – Aerospace, Automotive, Industrial or Technology
- Ideally experience of working in a complex matrix business
- Experience of managing small teams
- Commercially astute
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.