Business Intelligence Analyst
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products building recommendation systems.
- Selecting features, building and optimising classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- QlikView developer experience.
- Experience in development of QV tools
- Experience with QlikView management console (deploying of applications, reload schedules and security management).
- Experience of ETL (extract, transform & loading) of data and data warehousing.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Experience with data visualisation tools
- A high level of mathematical ability, Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Programming languages, such as SQL, Oracle and Python
- The ability to analyse, model and interpret data
- A methodical and logical approach
- The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.