- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Working Hours: Mon-Thu 1000-1800 Fri 1000-1730
To Carry out warehouse duties ensuring the effective and efficient control of product within Stores. Additionally:-
- Provide a professional level of customer service.
- Ensure high standards in housekeeping.
- Take a proactive approach to the daily stores operation.
- Maintain and report local store stock levels and monitor vending activities.
- Ensure that the working environment is safe for those working in and visiting the store in line with the company H&S procedures.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities within the warehouse environment and make suggestions for improvement.
- Assist any audits, be it internal or by external auditors
- Ensure all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the Company's procedures and requirements.
- Lead, follow up and resolve customer concerns.
- Ensure security of the warehouse environment and maintain access control.
- Be a positive member of the team and contribute to the companies targets and objectives.
Individual should be able to understand Stores requirements - Ideally have experience in stores environment .
- Experience in handling and managing stock within a stores environment
- High levels of attention to detail
- Organized and able to prioritize tasks based on agreed larger goals
- Excellent communication skills must be able to be demonstrated.
- Forklift qualification desirable but not essential
- Certified in Dangerous Goods handling and Aviation security- desirable
- Computer literate with good numeric skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and able to establish logiocal pratical solutions.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.