Senior Supplier Manager - Indirects
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
- Responsible for the full scope of Procurement activity of Capital projects
- Working closely with stakeholders to ensure that the correct specification and requirements are identified.
- Identifying opportunities for innovation and added value service in the Procurement of capital purchases
- Lead need to end contract process including tendering, reviewing, drafting, and negotiating all aspects of Contracts and Service Level Agreements including Terms and Conditions.
- Managing all aspects of resultant contracts to time and budget to support project requirements.
- To provide and manage NEC3/4 and other model forms of Contract and Service Level Agreements, as appropriate.
- Close liaison with internal service providers and internal customers to fully capture requirements scope and deliver a Purchasing solution to meet the end users’ needs
- To provide procurement and negotiation expertise to Infrastructure and Capex related purchases
- Experience of supporting major projects with good problem-solving capabilities.
- Understanding and experience of large and complex tendering programmes
- Stakeholder engagement, management and governance
- Previous experience of Capital works procurement with NEC3/4 type approach
- Capable of drafting and negotiating Service Level Agreements and major Contracts.
- Ability to create and foster working relationships with internal service providers and internal customers.
- Ideally be educated to degree level or similar, CIPS qualification preferred but not essential if equal relevant qualification in major capital project procurement.
- Practical procurement experience to include Tendering and Contract law, significant exposure and success in negotiation, within a Facilities or Construction environment.
- Demonstrate the company values, such as customer service, integrity and fairness, innovation and creativity.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.