Material Controller - Buyer
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure material availability in line with the business requirements, the role will involve communication and liaising with all relevant departments across the site.
The role will involve reviewing the current methods and management of material, including the MRP system and identifying improvements by exploring a range of other methods for example VMI, Kanban, Kitting and Reorder Reporting.
- To ensure the on-time availability of material in line with the business requirements.
- To ensure an effective flow of materials both in to the business and despatch to our external customers, including Goods Inwards Inspection, Product Test Schedule Activity and resolution of non-conforming products
- Identify any materials risk and take appropriate mitigating action.
- Identify the most effective delivery methods of materials into the organisation
- To coordinate the management of the legacy slow moving, redundant and obsolete stock
- Experience MRP/ERP systems and Excel
- Relevant experience in an engineering/manufacturing organisation
- Proven material management experience.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven decision making experience
- Good team working skills
- A proactive approach to work
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.