Administrator - Part Time
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Cambridge Aero Club is a limited company, within the Marshall Group companies and has been training pilots since 1929. Now operating a fleet of modern and well equipped touring & high performance training aircraft and meeting the needs of aspiring aviators in the UK and beyond!
The General Aviation Centre & Aero Club operates 7 days a week, therefore working hours will include weekends. This vacancy is nominally for 16 hours per week over two days. Further hours negotiable.
- Welcoming and handling of visiting General Aviation customers and pilots, including the processing of landing fees, the facilitation of refuelling requests and liaison with the Airport Operations department.
- Welcoming and handling of Cambridge Aero Club customers including:
- Sales and marketing of Aero Club products
- Managing the bookings system for flying lessons
- Handling telephone and e-mail enquiries and bookings
- Raising invoices for customers at the point of sale and taking payments
- Establishing the “front end” customer facing part of the business and helping to develop existing customer relationships.
- Establishing communications systems with customers to facilitate the distribution of club updates, blogs and news with a strong emphasis on working with Social media. An excellent understanding of online platforms would be advantageous.
- Preparation and processing of invoices, receipt of cash and reconciling accounts using the SAGE system.
- Controlling the small amount of stock held, including monitoring stock levels, maintaining accurate records of stock held and re-ordering stock as required.
- Liaising with Airport Accountants to help ensure accuracy of transactions and financial record keeping.
- Proven track record in administration/customer service.
- Strong organisational, time management and multi-tasking skills and able to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and pro-active individual with an excellent level of attention to detail.
- Flexible and collaborative team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to interact effectively with other members of staff and external contacts.
- IT skills to preferably include - Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and confidence in using internet-based applications. Previous experience of SAGE would be an advantage, although training will be given.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.