- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Marshall ADG is looking for a proactive and self-motivated Assistant Accountant to join the Aerostructures and Land Systems Business unit finance team.
The role will provide support to the Financial and Project Accounting team in terms of the following key areas:
Monthly Reporting cycle:
- Ensuring the financial system is updated for project structure changes during the month to link financial and project accounting.
- Supporting Project accountants to ensure monthly billing is completed on time.
- Production of financial KPIs
- Supporting cash reporting and forecasting (weekly)
Financial review and control:
- Investigation of variances and balances under direction of project accountants.
- Helping to populate balance sheet control reports.
- Helping with reconciliation of wip balances.
- Verifying labour control balances.
- Set up of project booking codes
- Providing financial support and analysis to non-finance budget holders.
- Liaison with Project managers to support and drive invoicing process.
- Supporting ad-hoc tasks as required.
Year end responsibilities
- Providing assistance and information to external auditors and other professional advisors as required.
- Be positive, proactive and have a “can-do” attitude
- Be able to work independently and prioritise a varied workload; working to a schedule and tight deadlines.
- Have and be able to demonstrate good numeracy skills
- Demonstrate a good standard of written and oral communication skills.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.