Senior Electrical Integration Engineer
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Within land systems, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
This is a senior technical role within the Engineering Integration Department of the wider Marshall ADG Engineering function.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of delivering integration solutions of complex equipment fits onto differing platforms. Experience leading multidisciplinary teams, to integrate and manage platform specific integration requirements with system engineering requirements generated from Interface Control Documents for various subsystems.
- Lead the entire integration design process in accordance with the departmental procedures.
- Identify and determine the key integration requirements from the relevant ICD documents, generate the integration strategy, work breakdown structure and departmental documentation.
- Assure that the technical integration design is compliant with the contractual / programme requirements liaising with the relevant business and external stakeholders.
- Assist the other engineering business unit’s customer design reviews and site / craft visits as and when required by the programme team.
- Be responsible for the entire design lifecycle of the integration solution covering the electrical, mechanical and system requirements.
- Work alongside the Integration Department leads in assisting other business units in the generation and validation of new working practices to maximise the Engineering departments efficiency.
- Be responsible for the generation, modification and integration of system architectures to produce engineering documents including but not limited to; Wiring Schematics, Wiring Diagrams, Cable Harness drawings and reports in accordance with the departmental change management process.
- Report on progress and emerging issues to the Programme Manager and Engineering Manager
- Manage allocated tasks to achieve delivery in accordance with the Integration work breakdown structure
- Work alongside the other technical integration programme leads to assure the optimum technical integration solution is achieved for the allocated work packages
- Lead internal integration design review gates
- Have high sense of commitment and willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently
- A self-starter and a delivery oriented mentality to solving problems and getting tasks completed on-time
- Commitment to technical and professional development
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Willingness to learn non-aerospace wiring standards
- Have an appropriate Aerospace or suitable Engineering degree and/or significant relevant work experience in the design of electrical and electronic equipment to enable integration of systems, wiring and cable harness design and installation of electrical components. Maintenance and Repair Organisation (MRO) and practical experience of electrical/avionic modification programmes will be considered in support of an application to transfer skills into the Engineering department from a production environment.
- Have extensive knowledge of Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) and other relative Aerospace Regulations including DEF-STAN-00-970 and EASA CS-25
- Experience with aerospace wiring design standards
- Experience with the installation design of electrical components into secondary and tertiary structure
- Maintaining Configuration Management
- Familiar with Electrical CAD tools and processes (Mentor Graphics and CATIA V5)
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.