Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
A self-motivated and enthusiastic Purchase Ledger Clerk is required to join our processing team within Marshall Aerospace & Defence Group. This role will be part of a team of six and will be jointly responsible for purchase invoice processing and payment, working alongside one other purchase ledger clerk. You will provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect to processing of invoices and expenses through the Purchase Ledger. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Purchase Ledger is accurately maintained and process deadlines (payment dates) are met and that there are good internal control with respect to the Purchase Ledger function.
Your day to day role will include -
- Communication both internally and externally for invoice and payment queries, on the telephone and email
- Weekly cash forecasting
- Running and posting payment runs in multiple currencies
- Processing company expenses to deadlines, both weekly and monthly
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Aged creditor and negative balance analysis
- Accruals and prepayments understanding
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Direct debit reconciliations
- Processing pro forma invoices
- Setting up and amending supplier accounts
- Posting and reconciling purchasing cards
- GRNI reporting and analysis
- Reconciliation of all supplier statements and managing queries/variances
- Preparation and review of aged creditor reports resolving any issues with suppliers or internal stakeholders
- Dealing with auditor queries at year end
- Assistance with preparation of the VAT and Intrastat filings
- Assistance with preparation of bank reconciliations
- Shared responsibility of administrative tasks within the team
- Cover and understanding of the credit control function
- Any other ad hoc duties as required by the senior members of the finance department
- A motivated and enthusiastic individual who has a ‘can-do’ and proactive attitude
- Strong initiative and self – motivation
- A team player
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relations with people at all levels
- Great communication skills to enable you to resolve queries with internal and external customers/suppliers
- Experience in a similar role in large/complex organisation
- Good excel skills and the ability to use basic features such as pivot tables, V-look ups, building graphs for metrics etc
- Some level of supervision experience would be beneficial to enable you to support the team on the team manager’s absence
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.