Head of Sales - Advanced Composites
- Ings Ln, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
The Head of Sales is responsible for identifying, shaping and capturing all business within the Advanced Composites domain.
The role of the Head of Sales is to deliver long-term value for both the customer and MADG. In doing so, they will be able to “put themselves in the customer’s shoes” while defining the MADG value proposition.
With exceptional networking and communication skills, the Head of Sales will build relationships built on trust across many levels and functions of the customer organisation. With the insight that this brings, they will be able to conceptualise, innovate and strategise new ideas that will deliver value for both customer and MADG.
The Head of Sales will be able to communicate and lead across the MADG organisation, breaking down traditional stovepipes, to deliver a consistent understanding of the customer’s needs, and to align departments towards a common vision or outcome.
The Head of Sales is a senior leader who will be driven, passionate and strategic. He/she will be politically astute, and have the stamina and persistence to stay engaged with internal and external stakeholders, to successfully deliver business winning opportunities.
Key responsibilities will be as follows:
1. Support the development of the MADG strategy for Advanced Composites
2. Support the ongoing analysis of growth opportunities through market and customer research and maintenance of high level market and customer intelligence
3. Identify and qualify opportunities in the marketplace that meet the MADG strategy for Advanced Composites
4. Ensure that the order pipeline for Advanced Composites is charged and maintained, at least sufficient to achieve the annual order intake target for the 5-year business plan
5. Manage the relevant customer accounts and key relationships which will generate orders
6. Proactively identify, anticipate and meet the needs and requirements of customers in order to secure profitable business
7. Promote and support the account planning process and ensure that all key OEM accounts are aligned to the Advanced Composites growth strategy
8. Ensure that the requirements of MADG’s LCM process are complied with in Advanced Composites, in so far as they are applicable to Strategy and Sales
9. Ensure that the appropriate level of reporting of the sales activities in Advanced Composites is achieved
10. Lead a team of Sales Executives across all campaigns for both tactical and strategic business opportunities.
Preferably an MBA graduate with Key Account specialisation.
Minimum degree level or member of a professional body of recognised Graduate status (NVQ-5), or equivalent vocational experience.
Background of working with or in a large Defence OEM, preferably in the aerospace sector, experience of managing a large, strategic account with high levels of senior management engagement on both sides of the relationship.
Mid to senior business leader with high potential for main board role.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.