ICT Solutions Architect
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Do you thrive on the challenges of maximising the potential of state of the art technology in an aerospace and manufacturing environment? Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group are looking for a Solutions Architect to join our ICT Team at our group headquarters based in Cambridge.
The role will provide support to business growth activities by delivering underpinning business system solutions incorporating current and future technology opportunities inline with our strategic roadmap.
- You will be capable of producing business cases that demonstrate you have evaluated options and measured them on their business and cost effectiveness.
- You will be responsible for designing, and costing both the change and technical elements of the service.
- You may also cost the service elements of managed services solutions, which include the resource based elements of the services.
- You will Interact with customers to identify the requirements and key success criteria.
- You will have experience of resolving complex technical, strategic and business issues while also delivery cost effective solutions.
- You will be able to present a proof of concept and gain senior stakeholder buy in.
- You may support the sales teams with bids and opportunities, acting as a point of expertise.
- Significant experience within IT across diverse roles and technologies.
- Experience of integrating diverse technologies o deliver the company goals.
- Recognised qualifications in Project Management
- Excellent communication skills – able to confidently influence and persuade at all levels of the organisation
- Confident, proactive decision making
- Experience working with technically focused architects and delivery teams.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.