Human Resources Co-ordinator
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group has recently restructured its HR function and the newly formed HR Operations team supports employees and managers with the administration of the employee experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and organised individual with a keen interest in developing a career within Human Resources.
In this role you will ensure that employees receive a seamless experience from starting with, to leaving Marshall ADG. You will provide administrative support to colleagues and the HR team to ensure processes run smoothly. This will include:
- Organise the HR office and undertake housekeeping activity such as purchasing stationary, equipment and office supplies
- Arrange meetings and organise hospitality
- Deal with simple queries from employees
- Issue offer letters and contracts
- Process security vetting
- Administer the on-boarding and induction process to collect all data required for a new employee and set up the first day inductions
- Enter employee data and administer changes to employee details on the HR Information System accurately
- Work with excel to check/analyse data and provide reports for the HR Team
- Keep HR records and files up to date; ensuring the storage of all documentation remains legally compliant and in line with legislation
You are likely to have previous experience of working in an administrative or customer facing role where service, accuracy and discretion is of paramount importance.
Skills / Knowledge
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of HR systems is desirable but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) and the confidence to interact with employees and managers is essential
- Ability to provide accurate and efficient service under time pressure
- Attention to detail is key
- Skilled in organising tasks and establishing priorities
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- a service-oriented attitude
- methodical approach to work and tasks
- willingness to do basic tasks as well as willingness to learn more complex HR administration
- able to work with a degree of self-direction and flexibility, especially with respect to taking initiative, prioritising multiple tasks, and using good judgment to resolve problems
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.