HR Consultant - 12 month FTC
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
We are currently searching for a senior Human Recourses professional who will be key to supporting our Human Resources Business Partners with the deployment of our people strategy and will be key to the Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group’s success. The role is varied, with a high level of authority and autonomy, and is responsible for the following:
- Case management – the HR Consultant manages a wide range of employee relations issues from sickness absence and ill heath, performance and capability, grievances, disciplinaries, to redundancies and restructurings. A large part of the role is advise and coach line managers in situations of conflict and bring these to an effective resolution. Where it moves to a formal stage, the HR Consultants manage the case from start to end (including appeals, settlement agreements and tribunals) ensuring we are compliant with legislation, Marshall policy, HR best practice and get the possible outcome from the employee and the business.
- developing our HR policies, including supporting material such as Manager Guides, letters and forms. The HR Consultant is responsible for communicating HR policies and advising coaching managers in their use. A big project this year is to review and re-brand all of our HR policies.
- supporting the HR leadership team with major projects such as launching a new engagement survey, implementing a new HRIS, harmonisation of terms and conditions of employment and re-structuring the business.
- Extensive experience of working at mid to senior level in HR, covering case management, policy development and delivering projects.
- CIPD level 5 (minimum) – ideally level 7
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to provide accurate and efficient service under time pressure
- Skilled in working independently, organising tasks and establishing priorities
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and data protection legislation
- Unions/manufacturing/engineering/aerospace experience is desirable
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.