- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
We are looking to recruit a Project Accountant in the ALS business unit to support our growing business and projects undertaken by ALS. The initial focus will be on Support contracts, but in time the position will be expected to support any project Accounting within MADG
- Responsibility for all financial aspects of allocated projects; ensuring effective budgeting, forecasting, management and reporting of the projects, including consolidation into business unit results on a monthly basis
- Business partnering with associated project teams, providing finance leadership, governance, advice and information to support project managers (PMs) and programme directors (PDs)
- Provide finance leadership at contract and bid reviews, providing insight and information as required
- Occasional supervisory responsibility for junior finance staff including education and development specifically in project accounting and reporting
- Promoting and operating a comprehensive control environment
- Supporting the project and Senior Leadership Teams in investment decisions and financial risk in current operations and bid work
- Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations for allocated projects, and driving continuous improvement in month end reporting disciplines
- Awareness and active management of foreign exchange risk
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Strong technical ability and post qualification experience, preferably with proven experience in the area of long term contract accounting;
- Desire to drive continuous improvement into existing processes;
- Analysing and presenting complex problems in the absence of perfect information;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, clear and concise thought processes and the ability to lead others to a conclusion;
- Preparation of high quality financial analysis and reports for key internal stakeholders;
- Self-motivation and proactive approach to work, as this role requires a high degree of autonomy and independent thought to identify and creatively solve problems;
- Working and engaging with non-finance personal and managing differing interests;
- A thorough understanding of foreign exchange currency exposure management and risk mitigation
Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.