Part Time Aircraft Trim Bay Operative
- RAF Brize Norton, Brize Norton, Oxfordshire, gb
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
The Marshall Trim Bay at RAF Brize Norton has a vacancy for a Technician to carry out maintenance of C-130 and C17 aircraft fabric trim components, including the manufacture and repair of insulation blankets, crew seat, bunk covers and any canvas or soft material items such as canvas bags, covers, engine blanks as requested by the customer. Additionally, this includes on aircraft tasks such replacement of fabric patches that are an integral part of this role and may require working at height.
This position is for 25 hours per week. Working days are negotiable and may vary depending on tasking to meet customer requirements.
- Have a fabric trim or upholstery background.
- Have relevant experience of working on medium heavy industrial sewing machines.
- Be able to work in a small team.
- Hold a current UK Driving Licence.
- Hold an aircraft trim or upholstery qualification within the aviation industry.
- Experience of managing internal and external relationships with customers, aircraft tradesmen, other departments and taking an active role to mentor staff.
- Actively support, promote and contribute to continuous improvement ideas and activity to ensure that progressive gains in efficiency are maintained.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory requirements and standards are maintained;
- Possess a working knowledge of Health and Safety procedures.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.