Structural Design Engineer
- 30470 Approach Dr, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6H5, Canada
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Marshall Aerospace Canada Inc. (MACI) is the Canadian arm of Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group (MADG) in Cambridge (UK), one of the largest privately owned and independent aerospace and defence companies that delivers innovation and excellence in engineering and support solutions. As an established part of the Canadian aerospace industry, Marshall Aerospace Canada Inc. provides engineering and technical support services for a range of customers, both military and civil.
Our Canadian office in Abbotsford, BC requires one Structural Design Engineer, registered E.I.T. or P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC or similar accredited body, with 10+ years’ experience in aircraft structural design. As a member of an engineering team, the successful candidate is responsible for:
- Designing and analyzing repairs and/or modifications (design changes) on aircraft structures;
- Investigating aircraft damage locations and details;
- Interpreting drawings and process specifications from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM);
- Performing static and fatigue analysis for substantiation reports;
- Researching historical repairs and developing standardized repairs for the fleet;
- Assessing technical data for the fleet management, as required;
- Undertaking other technical projects as directed by the supervisor.
- A Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree from an accredited university or equivalent knowledge gained through other forms of education and training
- Extensive experience using design tools such as AutoCAD or CATIA for small/medium design projects under strict quality control is required
- Experience with stress and fatigue analysis of aircraft structures is required
- Finite Element analysis experience will be considered an asset
- Ability to access and interpret mechanical and structural drawings and process specifications
- Ability to communicate and write clear technical reports
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills: fluent written and oral English is mandatory and competence in French is beneficial
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office suite including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs
Depending on the specific project(s) assigned, the following clearances may be required:
- Must be eligible to meet the requirements of export control regulations and security regulations, including the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and Canadian government security requirements.
Marshall Aerospace Canada Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.