Head of Commercial - Advanced Composites
- Ings Ln, Kirkbymoorside, York YO62, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Advanced Composites is a Business Unit with Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group, based in Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire. We design and manufacture a wide variety of composite products for military and civil applications encompassing air, land and sea.
We are a dynamic organisation with ambitious growth plans over the next few years, and we require an experienced and ambitious individual with demonstrable 'cradle to grave' commercial expertise and management of complex, high-value opportunities and contracts to lead our Commercial function.
As part of the Senior Leadership Team you will be instrumental in assisting the company achieve its objectives.
- To ensure that all business decisions are fully informed from a contractual and commercial standpoint and that all risks and opportunities have been identified.
- To manage and negotiate key and high-profile new business contracts and contract amendments relating to complex programmes and/or strategic customers.
- Maintain the effective, consistent and proactive management of bid management and embodied commercial/contracts and estimating staff.
- Work defined business and commercial procedures in respect of the production of bids and proposals and contract negotiations for new business.
- To minimise the contractual, commercial and business risk and exposure of the Company whilst maximising profit opportunity.
- To ensure the efficient and effective transfer of commercial responsibility for newly contracted business in the delivery and performance phase.
- To take a lead management role in the Business Development management team and Commercial Function team to support the continuation and development of the Company’s business.
- To develop, implement and review bid management and commercial processes and procedures (in conjunction with key stakeholders), where appropriate.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Member of a recognised professional body
- Demonstrable record of working in a commercial environment in increasingly senior roles, working on complex contracts for a variety of military and commercial/civil customers
- In depth working knowledge of pricing, terms and conditions and other contractual documentation
- A working knowledge of offset issues
- Significant experience in delivering complex commercial contracting, negotiation and administration solutions
- Strong written, communication and analytical skills
- Capable of interfacing with senior company and customer personnel and all employees
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.