Facilities Manager - Hard and Soft Services (12-month fixed term contact)
- Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, UK
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.
Looking to build your career in Facilities Management? Then this role could be for you.
Key tasks will include:
- Management of outsourced hard & soft service contracts (e.g. Mechanical & Electrical, Grounds); including the monitoring of key performance indicators and benchmarking, and carrying out the review and tendering process of contracts when required.
- Management of Small Works Projects and Services. This will include the planning, design, financial control and management of internal resource or external contractors to deliver projects for the refurbishment, improvement or provision of new facilities, buildings and grounds for Marshall ADG.
- Office Management to include IT coordination, updating the Business Management System, the maintenance and display of departmental Key Performance Indicators, and maintain the Asset Management system related to Facilities and Equipment.
- Provision of a ‘Help Desk’ for enquiries to the Facilities Department.
- On occasion and when instructed to do so, assist with other activities within the Facilities Department, and provide support where appropriate to the Compliance Department.
•Significant experience within facilities sector ideally within manufacturing organisations
•Excellent communication skills – able to confidently influence and persuade at all levels of the organisation
•Focused on the customer
•Confident, proactive decision making
•Experience in leading, managing and motivating teams
•Experience of managing budgets
•Flexible and adaptable approach to work
•Facilities management or engineering qualification at degree level or equivalent
• Recognised H&S qualification (e.g. NEBOSH), complemented by relevant post-qualification experience
•Experience of mechanical and or electrical building services.
•Member of related professional body, e.g. British Institute of Facilities Management, IOSH
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.