Lead Field Support Engineer (DVOW Equipment Fleet, Netherlands)
- Haagse Schouwweg, Leiden
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world, delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
The DVOW project is a provision of up to 1500 container systems to the Dutch military for which MADG will be responsible for the complete scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. The Lead FSE will be responsible for the co-ordination and provision of this maintenance support throughout the planned life of the delivered container systems.
Reporting to the DVOW Support Manager (NL), the Lead Field Support Engineer will provide the point of customer contact within The Netherlands. Responsible for the day to day maintenance of container systems through life, by managing a team of FSE and spares support both in The NL and in selected countries.
- To provide a main point of contact for all related DVOW enquiries generated from Help Desk telephone, e-mail or Fax and provide acknowledgement within 2 working hours.
- To manage a team (up to 6) of Marshall Aerospace Netherlands (MANL) Field Support Engineers and task in-country sub-contractors to deliver the In-Service Support phase of the DVOW Container Systems maintenance programme. This will be in accordance with all contractual Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Performance Indicators (PI) to maintain the required level of fleet availability (99%).
- To carry out Configuration Management of all in-service container/shelter systems and spares.
- To analyse all maintenance and configuration requirements to ensure the correct resource is allocated at the correct time and place together with required spares and consumables.
- To ensure that scheduled maintenance is carried out as required by the maintenance plan in accordance with contractual KPI.
- To provide a reactive planning schedule which can accommodate unscheduled repairs within the contractual timeframe, and be able to feedback and process corresponding change notes.
- To collate all inputs from the Fleet Management Software tool for upward reporting, planning and trend analysis, on a monthly basis.
- To monitor maintenance budgets and control internal costs to maximise savings. Identifying any unplanned overspend to the DVOW Support Manager within 4 hours of realisation.
- To report upon performance of service delivery, address customer issues with service, delivery or condition of products within contracted KPI.
- To carry out the duties of a FSE when required.
- To deliver maintenance training and to monitor the quality of 3rd party maintenance training delivery when required.
- Willing and able to deploy to operational areas in support of the DVOW container systems.
- Management of the vehicle fleet associated with the FSE. To include planning of replacement vehicles if required, legislative inspections and servicing.
- Management of FSE manpower use and task allocation to maximise DVOW availability and minimise travel time.
- Allocation of all scheduled FSE tasks on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that all spares and consumable items are available from the in-country supplier at the designated drop-off points in order for the FSE to complete their daily tasks.
- Liaise with the in-country supplier to enable the movement of sub-systems being backloaded for repair.
- Planning and execution of the maintenance plan to provide the availability required of the entire DVOW fleet in accordance with the agreed KPI. To include sub-systems either fitted, in ready use storage or in the maintenance loop and reconfiguration of container systems.
- Management of the customer spares pool to ensure each sub-system has equalised use throughout its planned life.
- Management of all NL based sub-contractors delivering support services to the programme, to include Performance Indicator monitoring and reporting upon the delivery of the sub-contracted services.
- Identification of any Risks or Opportunities associated with the DVOW maintenance programme and notification to the Support Manager within 4 working hours.
- Active management of the programme Performance Management System (PMS) to analyse and report on performance achievements, trends and milestone events through the establishment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and subordinate Performance Indicators (PIs).
- Management of the DVOW Maintenance Plan to include Container configuration control.
- Monitoring and updating all data received through the Fleet Management Software and producing the contractual reports required by the DVOW Support Manager.
- Manning the customer Help Desk to manage all non-technical calls and correspondence to/from the Dutch military stakeholders. Ensuring all responses are provided within the times set by contracted KPI. Manning of a customer and FSE Technical Help Desk for all technical questions (TQs) and to liaise with MLS Engineering Design Authority and Sub-System vendors to provide answers to customers and FSEs. To maintain a log of all open and closed TQs for analysis and product improvement.
- Delivery of initial, steady state and surge training i.a.w. the Training Plan for FSEs and Dutch military personnel.
- Attending 6 monthly Continuous Improvement reviews.
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding personnel information and customer and Company data by keeping sensitive documents private and secure.
- Maintaining documents and electronic correspondence to/from Dutch MoD and military stakeholders secure appropriate to the assigned security classification.
- Ensuring the FSE work environment is compliant with all applicable laws and regulations as they apply to NL.
- Willingness to undertake C&G Level 3 instructional training.
- Maintain a professional environment for customer service team to thrive to solve problems, maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and ensure the enhancement of the MANL and MADG brand and reputation.
Three years minimum relevant engineering experience plus a willingness to be trained.
Able to manage and lead all MANL DVOW FSE to include their engagement, welfare, performance, training, annual reports, disciplinary matters and career development in accordance with MADG Human Resources policies and in doing so maintain the highest levels of ethics and leadership.
Capable of working with modern ERP, tablet based and app based tools.
Able to understand the customer’s (internal and external) needs, and able to communicate them to the appropriate areas within the business.
Able to react to the changing requirements of the customer, ensuring the customer is kept happy while protecting the interests of the Company.
High degree of independence and integrity, as a great deal of the time will be spent alone, working at customer locations.
English to a technical spoken and written level. Dutch to a technical spoken and written level. Understanding spoken and written German would be an advantage.
Mechanical qualification (HNC or equivalent).
Electrical system qualification and City & Guilds 2391-52 or equivalent (International or military).
Health and Safety Qualification (NEBOSH).
Risk Assessment Qualification (NEBOSH).
Training Qualification (C&G Level 3).
Computer literate with MS office tools. (ECDL or equivalent).
Must be able to obtain SC clearance.
Ability to deploy overseas for short periods and at short notice.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.