- 3600 Army Post Rd, Des Moines, IA 50321, USA
We are a leading provider of outsourced teleservices. In other words, we deliver high-quality, telemarketing for clients who understand that the telephone is one of the most efficient, quick and cost-effective ways to reach people and businesses alike. We have call centers in Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Kansas, and Pennsylvania.
Are you looking for a fun, rewarding career that doesn’t come along very often? Then Allied Global has the opportunity for you! We are in need of a HR Assistant in our Des Moines, IA office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year HR or administrative experience, highly organized, and ability to operate under confidential expectations. We offer a competitive salary, and health, vision and dental benefits.
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME; MONDAY-FRIDAY 8:00AM-4:30PM CST
JOB SUMMARY: Perform a variety of human resources tasks and duties related to the day-to-day functioning of the department, including administrative tasks and maintaining personnel files.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for maintaining employee databases including ADP, UAD, etc. to update contact information for all Telephone Sales Representatives.
• Assists in entering new hire employee information into Iowa DHS website as directed by the HR Manager.
• Prepares badges and lockers for Des Moines new hire Telephone Sales Representatives, including tracking on appropriate spreadsheets and wiping down lockers before new hire use.
• Maintains and orders office supplies and equipment for all US Call Center locations. Maintains the Company’s relationship with multiple vendors and contractors.
• Covers Des Moines front desk each afternoon, answering telephone console and directing roll over calls to appropriate staff members.
• Is the face of Allied Global and assists in greeting all visitors. Main back-up for Job Experiences.
• Processes AG Leave of Absence requests, paperwork and procedures for all Telephone Sales Representatives in all U.S Call Center locations. Ensures timely and smooth return to work, including weekly follow up and/or coordination with employee on leave, Operations staff at respective centers, and Talent team for filing/rosters. Sends all completed paperwork to the HR Manager for final approval.
• Main contact for HR department administrative duties such as the following: reviewing all rosters/UAD attendance tracking for agents daily and bringing issues forward to the HR Manager, preparing staff recruiting rejection letters, and preparing COBRA letters , etc.
• Processes, responds to, and tracks all unemployment claims via UI websites for Telephone Sales Representatives in all U.S Call Center locations. Escalates appeals to HR Manager.
• Maintains Telephone Sales Representative medical files for all U.S Call Center locations, including assisting in record retention projects and/or file audits as directed by the HR Manager.
• Main contact for I9 compliance for all U.S Call Center locations, including assisting with audits and tracking 3 day USCIS requirements by working with appropriate departments company-wide.
• Main contact for sorting incoming mail and postage for all outgoing mail.
• Ability to translate HR policies and procedures into practical application and to assist employees or potential employees with personnel related questions such as paycheck questions, etc.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Minimum of High School GED or diploma required. Preferred Associate’s degree, preferably in Human Resources; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year administrative experience required; in a Human Resources function preferred
• Able to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with all employees including management and outside vendors.
• Strong follow through, attention to detail and a focus on compliance.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to use office equipment such as computer terminal, copier, calculator, fax machine, and multi-line telephone console.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.