Paid Summer Internship - Operations - London
- 5 Aldermanbury, Barbican, London EC2V 7HR, UK
- Location: London
MarketAxess operates a leading trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,700 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist Customers with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other Customers. Through its Trax® division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Amsterdam, São Paulo, Singapore, and Hong Kong. MarketAxess is an independent, publicly traded company (NASDAQ:MKTX Click Here). There is a lot more to learn about us and working at our company! Please read more about us at www.marketaxess.com.
Paid Summer Operations Internship – MarketAxess
To be eligible, you must be a university student due to complete your studies by September 2023.
We will consider candidates who are Undergraduates & Graduate students. (Masters, PhD).
You must have the legal rights to live and work in United Kingdom.
Want to have an immediate impact while transforming an industry?
A company who is committed to the Women’s Empowerment Principles as part of our commitment to promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace, and community?
Do you want to be part of a growing organisation allowing you to have regular interactions with senior management? Somewhere where you are not just a number?
Well, we’re ready for you.
At MarketAxess, we are driving a fundamental shift in the way that Financial Markets function, creating a new marketplace that is easier to access, more transparent, and available to participants around the Globe. Working at a FinTech company means being in the moment, exploring new ideas, delivering innovative change and meeting clients’ needs.
Formed in 2000, MarketAxess strives to maintain an entrepreneurial culture, where we encourage new ideas and pride ourselves on our ability to execute. Our flat organization encourages and presents opportunities to interact with people all over the globe and with senior leadership across the board. We see the crossroad ahead for Fixed Income Trading and technology development, and we strive and drive forward collectively.
There is no better way to experience what a career at MarketAxess has to offer than through our eleven-week internship programme. As a 2022 Summer intern with MarketAxess, you will grow your skills through on-the-job training and professional development classroom training. You will participate in projects working on problems, providing community service, and enjoying social events. You will be well supported, receiving regular feedback from your manager to aid your professional development and will have a dedicated buddy. Our summer internship programme offers the opportunity to build new skills, grow your professional network and provides an in-depth insight into career possibilities at MarketAxess.
This is a full-time paid internship to begin Monday 6th June 2022 and finish Friday 5th August 2022.
What type of work can you expect to do?
- You will participate in multiple projects working on real problems. You will be well supported, receiving regular feedback from your manager and having a dedicated buddy. Our summer internship programme offers the opportunity to build new skills and grow your professional network, and providing an in-depth insight into career possibilities at
- The Operations Analyst program will be a rotational programme within the MarketAxess Operations team. The rotation will be between our Client and Account Services, Information Services and Regulatory Control teams. You will deal with some of the world’s largest buy-side and sell-side institutions. In each rotation you will learn the main functions of the groups and how the business is supported through each team. This will include client/dealer on-boarding, supporting end-users of our trading system daily, data products, Reference Data and how it is used to support our Trading platform and our newly extended Post- Trade business.
- At the end of each rotation, you will have acquired an understanding of the MarketAxess Trading system and the systems supporting it. You will understand criticality of the Operational teams’ daily responsibilities. You will experience first-hand, the importance of teamwork, communication, business process, work accuracy and adherence to quality.
- Following each rotation, you will be encouraged to provide observations and suggestions for any operational or efficiency improvements you have identified, with keen eye on innovation and automation opportunities.
What you’ll get in return.
- A great benefits package (pro-rated)
- ·An opportunity to build your knowledge of how the Financial Markets work and the career opportunities they provide
- An opportunity to learn from some of the best and the brightest in the business
- Great offices in the heart of the City of London, with everything you could want at your doorstep
- ·The chance to join our 2023 graduate programme if you perform well over the summer
Where you are now;
- You will be a penultimate year student (completing in 2023)
- You will be able to identify opportunities for innovation and change
- You will know your way around Excel and be numerate
- Fluent English – written and spoken