Paid Summer Internship - Research - London
- 5 Aldermanbury, Barbican, London EC2V 7HR, UK
- Location: London
MarketAxess operates a leading trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,700 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist Customers with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other Customers. Through its Trax® division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Amsterdam, São Paulo, Singapore, and Hong Kong. MarketAxess is an independent, publicly traded company (NASDAQ:MKTX Click Here). There is a lot more to learn about us and working at our company! Please read more about us at www.marketaxess.com.
Paid Summer Research Internship – MarketAxess
To be eligible, you must be a university student due to complete your studies by September 2023.
We will consider candidates who are Undergrads & Graduate students. (Masters, PhD).
You must have the legal rights to live and work in the country you are applying.
Want to have an immediate impact while transforming an industry?
A company who has committed to the Women’s Empowerment Principles as part of our commitment to promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community?
Do you want to be part of a small organisation allowing you to have regular interactions with senior management? Somewhere where you are not just a number?
Well, we’re ready for you.
At MarketAxess, we are driving a fundamental shift to trade bonds differently, creating a new marketplace that is easier to access, more transparent, and available to participants across the globe. Working at a FinTech company means being in the moment, exploring new ideas, and meeting clients’ ever-changing needs. It’s exciting to bring tangible innovation to the credit industry as part of a new era in finance.
Formed in 2000, MarketAxess strives to maintain an entrepreneurial culture, where we encourage new ideas and pride ourselves on our ability to execute. Our flat organization offers high visibility across the company. At the crossroad of fixed income trading and technology development, MarketAxess offers a unique place to work.
There is no better way to experience what a career at MarketAxess has to offer than through our eleven-week internship programme. As a 2022 Summer intern with MarketAxess, you will grow your skills through on-the-job training and professional development classroom training. You will participate in projects working on problems, providing community service and enjoying social events. You will be well supported, receiving regular feedback from your manager to aid your professional development and will have a dedicated buddy. Our summer internship programme offers the opportunity to build new skills, grow your professional network and provides an in-depth insight into career possibilities at MarketAxess.
This is a full-time paid internship to begin on 6th June 2022 and complete on the 5th August 2022.
What type of work can you expect to do?
- Assist in the development and production of new models and reports.
- Analyse corporate bond market activity and market micro-structure, including proprietary MarketAxess data.
- Collaborate on existing research models and reports.
- Create and maintain presentation materials for internal and external meetings.
- Work closely with global product and development teams to enrich client trading solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll get in return;
- A great benefits package (pro-rated)
- ·An opportunity to build your knowledge of how the Financial Markets work and the career opportunities they provide
- An opportunity to learn from some of the best and the brightest in the business
- Great offices in the heart of the City of London, with everything you could want at your doorstep
- ·The chance to join our 2023 graduate programme if you perform well over the summer
Where you are now;
- You will be a penultimate year student (completing in 2023)
- Be studying an undergraduate/masters/PhD degree in a quantitative field (science, engineering, mathematics, finance, or statistics is preferred).
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills. This will ultimately require a mix of advanced querying / programming capabilities including R/Python, SQL, AWS, Tableau, and possibly intermediate machine learning.
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly analytical, flexible, team-oriented, and creative problem solver.
- Strong data capabilities, including working with complex datasets.
- Basic, but not essential, understanding of fixed income markets.
- Fluent English – written and spoken