Paid Summer Internship - Technology - London
- 5 Aldermanbury, Barbican, London EC2V 7HR, UK
- Location: London
MarketAxess operates a leading trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,700 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist Customers with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other Customers. Through its Trax® division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Amsterdam, São Paulo, Singapore, and Hong Kong. MarketAxess is an independent, publicly traded company (NASDAQ:MKTX Click Here). There is a lot more to learn about us and working at our company! Please read more about us at www.marketaxess.com.
Want to have an immediate impact while transforming an industry?
A company who has committed to the Women’s Empowerment Principles as part of our commitment to promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community?
Do you want to be part of a small organisation allowing you to have regular interactions with senior management? Somewhere where you are not just a number?
Well, we’re ready for you.
Credit is a powerful engine that inspires global economic growth. At MarketAxess, we are driving a fundamental shift to trade bonds online vs. over the phone—creating a new marketplace that is easier to access, more transparent, and available to participants across the globe. Working at a FinTech company means being in the moment, exploring new ideas, and meeting clients’ ever-changing needs. It’s exciting to bring tangible innovation to the credit industry as part of a new era in finance.
Formed in 2000, MarketAxess strives to maintain an entrepreneurial culture, where we encourage new ideas and pride ourselves on our ability to execute. Our flat organisation offers high visibility across the company. At the crossroad of fixed income trading and technology development, MarketAxess offers a unique place to work.
There is no better way to experience what a career at MarketAxess has to offer than through our internship programme. As a 2022 Summer intern with MarketAxess, you will grow your skills through on-the-job training and professional development classroom training. You will be well supported, receiving regular feedback from your manager and you will have a dedicated buddy.
This is a full-time paid internship to begin on 6th June and conclude on 5th August 2022.
What type of Work can you expect to do in Technology at MarketAxess?
We have 4 opportunities within our Technology team. The opportunities are Software Engineer positions and Business Analyst/ Product Owner positions.
Innovation is encouraged and we actively support and welcome all team members to suggest areas for improvement.
What you’ll get in return
- A great compensation package (pro-rata) with annual leave paid out at the end of the programme
- An opportunity to test and develop your skills in a corporate setting.
- Regular feedback and coaching and an opportunity to learn from some of the best and the brightest in the business
- A great office location in the heart of the City of London with everything you could want at your doorstep
- The chance to join our 2023 graduate programme if you do well over the summer
MarketAxess is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed and have a fulfilling career.
What you’ll need
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar, graduating in summer 2023
- You will have the legal Right to Work in UK
- Good understanding of various data structures and algorithms
- Well-versed in modern application design paradigms and patterns
- Exposure to JAVA programming language
- Basic knowledge of enterprise RDBMS (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server)
- Experience with one of the following Enterprise Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
- Experience in development/willingness to learn Java based server-side framework (Spring Boot)
- Curiosity/interest related to cloud technologies and cloud design patterns (AWS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational and problem resolution skills
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to function well in a competitive, challenging environment, and the ability to deal with changing priorities
- Fluent English – written and spoken
Closing date for applications is Friday 17th December 2021.