Customer Integration Engineer
- 55 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001, USA
MarketAxess operates a leading trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,800 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist Customers with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other Customers. Through its Trax® division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Amsterdam, São Paulo, Singapore, and Hong Kong. MarketAxess is an independent, publicly traded company (NASDAQ:MKTX Click Here). There is a lot more to learn about us and working at our company! Please read more about us at www.marketaxess.com.
We are seeking to augment the US Customer Integration (CI) group. The primary responsibility of the CI group is to work with broker-dealers and institutional clients to help them integrate their systems to the MarketAxess Fixed Income trading system via Application Programming Interfaces (API). This includes integration with front-office, mid-office and back-office systems for order management, trading and settlement. Additionally, the CI group is also responsible for integrating our market data products/feeds with our data customers.
What You’ll Do
- Assist new and existing institutional clients and broker-dealers with the integration of MarketAxess provided APIs for various FIX Trading APIs, Straight Through Processing (STP), and Market Data feeds
- FIX API integration for various fixed income products – US Investment Grade, High Yield Emerging Markets, US Agencies, Municipal Bonds and US Treasuries
- Create and maintain clear and concise technical documentation, aimed at external IT audience
- Maintain awareness of USCI team inbox and hotline to promptly respond to customer inquiries
- Work closely with Product Owners and customers on the deployment of new API functionality and workflows and implement features with client requirements/needs in mind
- Resolve escalated Production issues and test customer scenarios in non-Production environments
- Build and foster relationships with Dealer and Client technology teams, engaging them in the design and development of new products, features and services
- Jira on-going integration efforts, proving clear updates for technical teams and business stakeholders
- Must be able to provide onsite coverage at 8:00am
What You Bring to the Table
- This is a client-facing technical role. Candidates must be articulate, have a strong client orientation and show a high sense of urgency towards client demands/needs
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience
- Computer Science, Computer Information systems, or Bachelors in Finance
- Candidate should be comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment and able to suggest opportunities for increasing efficiency and improving team processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the FIX 4.4, 5.0SP2, FIXT.1.1 protocols
- TCP/IP & networking fundamentals
- RDBMS skills (SQL Server and/or Oracle) – ability to read, write and run SQL scripts.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income
- Experience with OEMS systems
- Experience creating Tableau reports
- Experience troubleshooting and testing in a Linux Environment
What's In It for You
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Work in our brand new offices at 55 Hudson Yards on the west side of Manhattan
- Free snacks and coffee as well as occasional lunches and after-work drinks
- Casual dress-code
- Healthcare options
- 401(k) match
- Training and tuition assistance
- Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships and similar, and access to on-site healthcare
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.