Goodwill has opportunities to join our Management Teams in Delaware County!
- 1135 Columbus Pike, Delaware, OH 43015, USA
Goodwill...where spending a little, means a lot!
Great Finds, Great Value, Goodwill!
When you walk into one of our nine Goodwill stores, you'll be impressed with the vast assortment of high quality merchandise which is organized in well-defined departments. Our trained staff members are eager to help make your shopping experience easy and enjoyable.
Make a difference!
When you shop at one of our Goodwill retail stores you are helping meet the needs of our community by funding Goodwill's programs and services and providing local jobs.
Building lives that work.
Marion Goodwill is looking for motivated candidates to join our management teams. Opportunities are available at various locations in Delaware County.
This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the successful operation of the Goodwill Store. S/he will do and assist in: developing the entire store team; integrating rehabilitation services; offering quality retail merchandise; maintaining financial viability. Assists in the supervision of store personnel in department assigned; carry out the Marion Goodwill Industries, Inc. Mission Statement
Essential Job Functions
• Demonstrate outstanding customer service, able to show customer respect at all times, & settling for nothing less than excellence while performing daily responsibilities.
• Observing the 10-foot rule, which ensures every customer encountered at this distance is aided in a polite & serviceable manner.
• Greet all customers with a pleasant, warm greeting and smile as they enter the building, direct customers to areas of the store as requested, and thank all customers as they exit the building.
• Promotes sale of merchandise & special sale items.
• Demonstrate a professional, presentable appearance, including visible presence of the issued nametag according to Marion Goodwill dress code.
• Assist in developing and maintaining store appearance, ensuring a clean, attractive, contemporary look.
• Responsible for maintaining open communication between store personnel and management.
• Maintain confidentiality; ensures correct information goes only to the appropriate person(s).
• Assist in special events with store management.
• Present a positive public image for the betterment of the organization.
• Communicate with Store Manager and Management team before, during and at the end of shift.
• Ensure all employee and customer concerns are resolved in a timely manor.
Hiring and Team Development:
• Understands and follows Retail Associate, Department Head, and Shift Supervisor Job Descriptions.
• Ensures that hiring process is in accordance with Hiring Procedures.
• Assists with recruiting and selecting future employees for Marion Goodwill.
• Receive and review hiring applications and verify minimum qualifications are met.
• Develop and coach employees to maximize their individual potential.
• Responsible for evaluating employee’s performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
• Lead and offer job duty guidance to personnel assigned.
• Ensure the training of employees is complete and accurate.
• Ensure Retail Associates, Department Heads and Shift Supervisors assigned are productive with job responsibilities and/or locating a manager to update the daily task list.
• Assist Store Manager with operating a profitable retail store.
• Effectively manages collection of donations and booth areas to ensure overall image and to maximize donor and landlord satisfaction where applicable.
• Responsible for operating effective sorting and pricing strategies, using procedural guidelines.
• Ensure that the store meets or exceeds daily production goals in both wares and textiles.
• Responsible for ensuring corporate audit standards are met.
Scheduling and Administration:
• Attend meetings/training as scheduled and integrates information from training into store operations where applicable.
• May be responsible for scheduling with the guidance of the Store Manager.
• Perform administrative tasks, including: accurate daily/weekly/monthly reporting; check-in and close-out procedures, including cash management.
• Assure record keeping is accurate, complete and forwarded to the proper location in a timely manner as required.
• Is aware of and follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Policies & Procedures, and ongoing training.
• Ensure that all assigned employees are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Attend meetings/training as scheduled and integrates information from training into store operations where applicable
• Receive and review all employee attendance with Store Manager. (Tardiness, absence, left early or arrived early.)
• Review department checklists with Department Heads and Shift Supervisors to ensure completion and follow up as needed.
• Ensure Store supply requisition and new goods ordering and/or inventory are completed.
• May be required to temporarily assist in other locations.
• Make sure breaks and lunches are scheduled with Department Head and/or Shift Supervisor and are being taken on time.
• Ensure shift and department team cleans, restocks supplies and maintains overall organization of department.
• Works as scheduled, being flexible when needed.
Safety and Loss prevention:
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and complying with all state and federal safety and health regulations as well as company safety policy and procedures.
• Assess emergency situations and takes action as the need indicates reporting any such situation in writing and forwarding to the Safety Coordinator at the Corporate Office within 24 hours.
• Notify V.P. of Retail Operations or Retail Director of any property or physical injury by phone immediately.
• Provide constant surveillance of the sales floor and backroom for safety and loss prevention measures.
• Count and balance the register cash drawers and safe daily. Prepare daily bank deposits.
• Responsible for proper use of all monitoring/security systems (cameras and alarms) and communicating
any questionable behavior to direct supervisor or other appropriate person.
• Ensure monthly safety inspections are completed and submitted on time.
• Ensure the training and execution all Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls.
• Ensure the safe handling and usage of blue tubs.
• Ensure the compliance with the Hazardous Communication Policy and Procedure (chemical labeling, Safety Data Sheets, and training).
• Ensure compliance of sanitizing and labeling of bedding, upholstered furniture, stuffed toys, and filling materials.
Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Must be able to work independently in a store team environment.
• Academic preparation preferably at high school level or GED.
• One year of retail experience preferred.
• One year supervisory experience required.
• Must be 18 years of age or older, have command of the English language sufficient to communicate with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
• Must possess leadership abilities (good communication skills; organization; accuracy; consistency; idea promotion).
• Must possess problem solving skills.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills with customers and employees.
• Must have a desire to work with rehabilitation consumers.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, squat, bend and twist, reach for extended periods of time; push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds in a safe manner.
• Must be reliable and dependable.
• Must be able to pass alcohol/drug screening.
• Criminal background check required.
• First Aid CPR Certified if assigned by Safety Coordinator (training provided)
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license, adequate personal liability insurance, and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill’s insurance provider.
Assigned store. May travel to other stores and throughout the organization; some travel required for meetings and conferences.
Computer, Cash register, adding machine, supplies, pallet jack, security equipment.
Stop by one of our Delaware County locations to apply today! We have stores in Powell, Lewis Center, Westerville, Delaware, and Sunbury.
You can also reply to this ad with your resume.
Please visit mariongoodwill.org for more information.