CAPEX Project Manager
- 5001 Newport Coast Dr, Irvine, CA 92603, USA
Mariners Church is a biblically-centered, non-denominational church located in Orange County, CA focused on inspiring people to follow Jesus and fearlessly change the world. Mariners is listed as one of the top 20 largest churches in America by Outreach Magazine and a core value is building community by connecting people in groups. Come and be part of a new season of growth as Mariners Church responds to God’s call in launching new campuses throughout Orange County.
As the CAPEX project manager, you are part of a new season of growth as Mariners Church writes the next chapter with a new Senior Pastor and aggressive plan to launch new campuses. You will ensure that capital expenditure projects critical to this new season of ministry are completed on time and budget. In this role, you can blend your project management skills with your passion for ministry.
You will be responsible for the planning, directing and coordinating of capital projects for maintenance, renovation and new construction of Mariners Church Campuses and future church plants. The CAPEX program ranges between $750,000 - $1,500,000 in project funds each fiscal year. In addition, there may be Ministry Initiative funding adding $1,000,000 - $5,000,000 to the execution plan when new opportunities arise. Your days will be varied as you communicate and coordinate with various stakeholders, designers and contractors.
Here’s more of what you will do:
Complete life cycle management of CAPEX projects, to include but not limited to:
Project Scope Development
Planning & Preparation of Teams and Documents
Request for Proposal (RFP) development and management to Award
Plan Check & Permitting Management
Scheduling & Coordination
Request for Information (RFI) & Submittal processes
Access, Site Management & Field Visits
Invoicing & Financial Management
Report & Metric Preparation
Project Closeout, Inspection and Acceptance
Recruit and work with a competent volunteer team from the Mariners community
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Construction experience preferred
- Adept with technology including Office suite, Google Suite and project management software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners
- Reports to the Campus Director
- Strong Collaborative role with Executive Leadership Team & CAPEX Advisory committee
All Mariners Staff:
- Love Jesus and call themselves Christians.
- Embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Agree to and adhere to the church's statement of faith and leadership commitment.
- Attend Mariners and participate in Rooted/Life Groups