Automation Practice Lead
- Calgary, AB, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 300 IT, Software Professionals, and Management Consultants working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in analytics, automation software, information security, change management, and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
We are looking to expand our practice areas to include a team of people with experience in automation, starting with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) solutions and expanding as the practice grows.
We are looking for a subject matter expert in automation to work closely with our Product Management and Marketing team to define, develop, and launch the Mariner Automation Practice.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work closely with our other practice areas in cloud infrastructure, security, and change management to create a holistic automation offering.
- Work closely with our go-to-market team and sales executives to identify client opportunities, support proposal creation, and secure client automation projects.
- Bring your experience as a senior consultant in designing, developing, and delivering automation projects for clients by working with our business analysts, solution architects, and change management practitioners.
- Ensure proposed solutions adhere to automation best practices and align with core principles that ensure solutions are efficient, well structured, and maintainable by the client’s or Mariner’s support team.
- Participate in project teams through all phases from project initiation, business requirements, solution definition, design, and architecture, and oversee solution implementation.
- Be a voice of authority and thought-leader in automation, providing our current and prospective clients with thought-leadership in their digital transformation in adopting automation solutions.
- Function as an integrator between business and technology, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients’ business needs and value creation.
- A strong record of accomplishment implementing automation solutions, specifically using Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools like Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, and Microsoft Power Automate.
- Experience in information technology strategy and transformation engagements, defining and delivering enterprise solution design and architectures.
- A passion for mentoring and coaching team members.
- An aptitude for working effectively with clients to communicate progress, issues, risks, and solutions.
- Demonstrated skill in building consensus among internal and client stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working with businesses at all levels, including senior business and technical leadership.
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies.
- A high level of motivation, strong work ethic, resiliency, and self-starting attitude.
- Approximately ten years of related work experience; a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field preferred.
Mariner offers you:
- A values-driven workplace where people really matter.
- Flexible work location with an optional relocation package.
- Support for remote work/work from home.
- Competitive salary, retirement savings program, and stock options.
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans and access to e-health care.
- Paid vacation, parental leave, paid sick leave, and 5 paid Mariner MyLife days.
- Unlimited training and the opportunity to develop your skills in automation-related technologies.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is in major cities across Canada, the US, and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation, benefits packages, and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service, and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial, and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers, and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!