SAP Project Coordinator
- Saint John, NB, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As one of the largest professional services firms in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of 200+ management and technology consultants working with our public and private sector clients throughout Atlantic Canada and beyond. Our team delivers specific strengths in the areas of digital transformation, digital health, organizational change management, and in key technical areas including cybersecurity, IT infrastructure, BI & Analytics.
To help in our planned growth, Mariner Innovations seeks an SAP Project Coordinator for its Halifax NS based office. The Project Coordinator will work in collaboration with our client's Business Solution Owner and other PMO stakeholders in the modernization of enterprise systems and enable significant business transformation within the client organizations.
• Support activities related to project management across multiple projects; including reviewing and updating project schedules, reviewing resource issues in schedules, tracking and updating task boards in MS Teams, and other activities in support of the project manager.
• Develop and document administrative processes and procedures, maintain project documentation and registers, and assist the Project / Program Manager in the preparation of project status reports.
• Coordinate the on-boarding / off-boarding of project resources in accordance with the company’s procedures.
• Administer the SharePoint Project Site, including the storage and tagging of project documents and other updates to site content.
• Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the team is consistently using project procedures according to PMO guidelines.
• Prepare and distribute agendas for meetings. Prepare and disseminate project communications.
• Attend meetings and record, store, distribute, and follow up on dated and assigned action items when appropriate.
• Coordinate and schedule meetings, workshops and training sessions etc.
• Support the procurement and contracting process ensuring procurement activities continue to move forward in accordance with the project schedule.
A University degree in Computer Science, Business, Project Management or related discipline or certification in Information Technology from a recognized community college. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• A minimum of five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience as a Project Manager or Project Coordinator.
• Excellent organization, coordination and planning skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and highly effective in building productive working relationships.
• Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
• Experience using MS Project, SharePoint, and MS Teams.
• Post-secondary education in a discipline related to the job function or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated experience with at least one (1) ERP implementation, preferably SAP.
• Experience with public-sector projects that implemented significant business transformations supported by the delivery of a new IT solution.
• Experience with a cloud platform and/or SaaS implementation.
• Experience working with executive level stakeholders on large transformational projects.
• experience working with and incorporating Change Management into project plans and deployments.
• Current certification from a recognized professional Project Management association, such as PMP or Prince 2 certification.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!