- Saint John, NB, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
We are actively recruiting Java Developers for upcoming full-time and contract opportunities for our clients. The Java Developer will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
As part of the development team, you will be responsible for performing analysis, contributing to functional design, coding, unit testing and database development for outsource partners as the project initiatives and schedules require.
- Core knowledge in Java, SOA
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science/Engineering
- 7+ years experience in Software Development
- Experience as a developer on Kubernetes/Openshift Container platform
- Strong Knowledge of Design patterns for micro-services
- Jenkins/CICD pipelines and REST API
- Knowledge of enterprise grade development and Security based practices, SSDLC.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming languages and principles
- Strong knowledge of relational database technologies and platforms
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new technologies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Highly motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!