Senior System Programmer - RACF and ACF2
- St. John's, NL, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are pro-actively recruiting for a System Programmer for full-time and contract opportunity. The role will be a key member of our IT Professional Services team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
- Demonstrated experience with RACF system programming is mandatory
- Demonstrated experience with ACF2 system programming is mandatory
- Demonstrated Experience leading various Mainframe projects such as: Cobol upgrades, migration to new hardware, IMS upgrades, etc.
- Mainframe System programming skills including z/OS operating system, IMS, DB2, CICS, Print Software, DFSMS, disk and tape system architectures
- System Programming on an IBM mainframe
- Demonstrated experience with session managers in including TPX and Multsess
- Demonstrated DBA skills in IMS and DB2
- Demonstrated skills in Cryptography
- Debugging skills including application related problems
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Flexible and used to working in a rapidly changing environment
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest telecom companies and leading real estate, oil & gas, financial, government and utilitites organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who love providing solutions for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!