Senior Technical Architect
- Halifax, NS, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
To help in our planned growth, we are recruiting for a Senior Technical Architect. You must be an experienced IT generalist both comfortable working on a variety of IT infrastructure and core business applications. You will be a key technical leader working with various outsource partners, and internal operational and project teams. You will demonstrate effective communication and coordination across various IT Operations teams and business stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012 R2 and 2016.
- Strong knowledge of Linux server administration.
- Strong knowledge of Windows application deployments, including networking, storage, databases, and runtime environments such as Web servers, .Net, Java, etc.
- Specific experience building servers, and configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, and storage.
- General Microsoft proficiency (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Sites and Services.
- Familiarity with server migration process, including associated security and server hardening issues.
- Experience in the configuration, installation, and maintenance of virtual servers and virtualization software such as VMWare / AWS cloud services / Google compute.
- Experience implementing collaboration tools or unified communications in an Enterprise environment (Office 365, SharePoint, MS Teams)
This is a full-time position offering competitive benefits and compensation will commensurate with experience and qualifications. At Mariner we value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates.