- Halifax, NS, Canada
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner Innovations is actively recruiting for an IT Architect with Tableau Server experience for deployment of enterprise architecture for Business Intelligence.
- Define the deployment architecture for the Tableau Server environment.
- Define strategy for and produce technical documentation.
- Provide technical support and technical quality control throughout all stages of development, test and production.
- Responsible for understanding the customer environment, including the technical infrastructure, business and operations processes, and key business challenges/priorities.
- Define the approach for scaling the environment, as required.
- Define security architecture for environment, including integration with enterprise Active Directory service.
- Establishment of best practice regarding data management and data preparation, including approaches for centrally managing files.
- Establishment of best practices regarding the Tableau portal/user experience.
- Definition of an efficient repeatable process for managing sites.
- Develop technical architectures, frameworks, and strategies to meet the business and application requirements, working with, and independently from, the senior BIA team.
- Provide architecture governance – review charters and design documents to ensure that projects are aligning with architecture and technical strategy and adhering to standards.
- Provide program and project support – provide technical status and risk assessment information to the Project Manager.
- Implement, configure and setup Tableau Server environments including the creation of initial data sources, creation of sites and establishing initial user access functions.
- 7+ years as a Tableau developer.
- Experience architecting and implementing multi-site Tableau environments.
- Demonstrated experience in Tableau Server architecture and administration.
- Recent architectural and implementation experience spanning security, data management, job scheduling and relevant Tableau Server functions.
- Proven written, oral and, listening communication skills with audiences varying from end users to IT management.
- Experience working with Tableau data sources from SharePoint
- Exposure to testing automation.
- Knowledge in application security.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Experience with waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in making decisions and recommendations.
- Experience working on/prioritizing multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Team orientated focus with a proven capability to provide knowledge sharing and mentor ship in a multi-vendor environment.
- Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with SharePoint.
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest telecom companies and leading real estate, oil & gas, financial, government and utilitites organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who love providing solutions for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!